I’ve been wanting to make this for so long and finally got around to it. I don’t have a veggie spiralizer, so used my mandolin instead and it worked out great. My kids weren’t really a fan of the zoodles, but I think the pesto was the turnoff, not the zoodles. It’s a great option if you are watching your carbs and wanting to get more veggies in your diet!
Lemon Herb Chicken:
-2 lbs chicken breast tenders
-juice of 1 lemon
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-1 tsp dried basil
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 tsp onion powder
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp oregano
Zoodles (zucchini noodles!)
-Coconut Oil cooking spray
-1/2 medium red onion, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-2 cups sliced mushrooms
-3-4 medium zucchini
-2 Tbsp basil pesto sauce
-1/2 Parmesan cheese grated plus more for top
1. Mix together all of the chicken marinade ingredients, put in a ziplock bag with the chicken breast tenders and for 4 hours (up to overnight).
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 8 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken,) or until chicken is cooked through.
3. While chicken is cooking, spiralize zucchini noodles.
4. Spray a non stick skillet with coconut oil and heat over medium heat.
5. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are browning and have released all of their liquid, approximately 5 minutes.
7. Add zoodles to mixture and heat up for approximately 3-5 minutes, depending on your preference. I like mine soft and hot so did for about 5 minutes, they were almost mushy. Add pesto and parmesan cheese and combine.
8. Evenly divide portions between 4 plates, top with chicken and more parmesan.
21 day fixers: 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp